Trinity Laban Schools’ Concert
Date: Friday 09 February 2024
Venue: Blackheath Halls, SE3 9RQ
Timings: 1 - 2.30pm
Cost: £4.50 per student
In this specially created concert performed by Trinity Laban musicians, Key Stage 4 students experience music they might not otherwise hear live - all linked to current GCSE music syllabi. Our expert presenter guides students through each style with live musical illustration, bringing set works and topics to life.
Students will experience:
- Jazz and Latin rhythms, through the music of Esperanza Spalding;
- What makes a piece sound Baroque? - illustrated using ‘Badinerie’ by J.S. Bach;
- Techniques and conventions of popular music, featuring 'Killer Queen' and other excerpts.
For more information about Schools’ Concerts, visit our web page.
To apply, please complete the information below by 15 December. Please note, Trinity Laban reserves the right to close applications before this, should we receive a high volume of interest.
About your School
Your contact details
Finance Officer Contact Details
Pupil details (please provide some information about the school group you intend to bring)
If you feel your group would benefit from having additional staff members attend the concert, please contact L&PEnquiries@trinitylaban.ac.uk
We would be grateful if you could provide the following information regarding the pupils who will be attending the Schools' Concert for monitoring purposes. Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance is committed to equal opportunities. Data will only be used for reporting and monitoring purposes, which help ensure we can continue to fund our work, and shape future activities according to need. If you are unsure of the exact answers to any of these questions, please estimate to the best of your ability.
If you are unable to provide this information now, please instead tick the box below to confrim that you will provide this information at least a week in advance of the concert.
I confirm that all details submitted are correct and agree this information may be held in accordance with the rules and regulations of General Data Protection Regulation.
Terms and Conditions
- Please read the following Terms and Conditions, which also explain how the payment process works:
- Please ensure you have requested the correct number of tickets for both students and accompanying adults.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application by 18 December. Please note that the number of tickets requested cannot be changed after this point.
- If your application has been successful, Trinity Laban will send an invoice for the full amount due, to the email addresses you have provided.
- Full payment is due by the deadline stated on the invoice.
- If the invoice has not been paid in full by the payment deadline, Trinity Laban reserves the right to turn people away from the concert.
- Trinity Laban reserves the right to prevent schools who miss the payment deadline from booking future Schools' Concerts.
- Cancellations will be accepted up to a month before the concert date. After this point you will be charged the full amount for the tickets. After this date, any fees paid are non-refundable, unless the event is cancelled by Trinity Laban.
- Successful applications made within one month of the concert are non-refundable, unless the event is cancelled by Trinity Laban.
- You will receive an email prior to the concert date with final details of the performance. Please ensure that you submit a correct, working email address for this.
- Please note that tickets are not sent to you prior to the concert. Instead, you will be asked to sign-in on arrival on the day of the Schools' Concert and submit a correct register for all attending young people and staff.
- The right is reserved to substitute artists and to vary programmes if necessary.
- By attending this concert, you agree to provide Trinity Laban with anonymised monitoring data about your group attending the concert.
I accept these Terms and Conditions
Has your Headteacher/senior manager approved this booking request?
Would you like to be contacted in the future with information about relevant events run by Children & Young People's Programmes?
Completion of this booking form confirms your interest in this Schools' Concert, but does not secure your tickets. Please await a booking confirmation e-mail from Trinity Laban before making final arrangements to attend this Schools' Concert. After receipt of this e-mail, the number of tickets requested cannot be changed. Thank you for your understanding.